School of Nursing and Midwifery
Search in Web
SKUMS at a Glance
Deputy of Education
Deputy of Research & Technology
Education at SKUMS
Education Development Center(EDC)
Committee of Research in Education
Student's Committee of Medical Education Development
Basic Health Sciences Institute
Clinical Biochemistry Research Center
Cellular & Molecular Research Center
Medical Plants Research Center
Cancer Research Center
Research Center in Health Modeling
Social Determinants of Health Research Center
Research Center in Midwifery & Nursing Sciences
Student Research Committee
Ayatollah Kashani Hospital
Vali Asr Hospital
Department of Adult & Geriatric Nursing:
The Department of Adult & Geriatric Nursing has started its work in 1968 and currently it is covering almost half of the undergraduate specialized nursing groups, including 5 assistant professors, 2 M.A. faculty members and 2 Ph.D. students. Due to the wide range of expertise, the members of the group are able to meet the educational needs of postgraduate Internal Surgical Nursing and Operating Rooms, Midwifery and Anesthesiology, Radiology and Laboratory sciences undergraduates and so far, these groups have been active in meeting their needs. In this department, from the beginning of the year 2014, the admission of nursing graduate students in the internal and surgical specialties began.
Also in the field of postgraduate education, the practical teaching and guidance method of theses of M.A Adult & Geriatric Nursing students is taught and presented by the members of this group.
Meanwhile, each of the professors of the supervision and guidance group is responsible for 15 nursing students and, while organizing regular individual and group sessions with students, they provide counseling and guidance for solving their educational and social problems.
Philosophy of the Department of Adults & Geriatric Nursing:
Educating competent, creative and responsible students through planning, conducting theoretical classes and conducting clinical practices( internship) in different academic semesters in order to provide specialized personnel in the care, support and training of patients in order to improve the quality of patient care and promote the level of Community health and prevention of disabilities. Also, the production of knowledge related to the Adults & Geriatric Nursing through research in order to provide services to patients.
Educational mission and goals of the Adult & Geriatric group:
Education and training of empowered and committed nursing graduates by training and improving the level of knowledge, skills and their attitudes toward the knowledge and management of patients with internal medicine diseases.
- Developing professional skills such as management, communication, decision making, counseling
- Correct and accurate instruction on how to provide clinical skills to students at different levels of prevention, care and treatment, rehabilitation
- Identification of health problems associated with common internal medicine diseases in the community and directing students to carry out research projects with the aim of using appropriate care in clinical practice and improving the quality of clinical services.
- Preparation of research projects to improve teaching methods, evaluation with the aim of improving the quality of educational services
- The mission and goals of the Adults & Geriatric Nursing department in the field of specialized and clinical services
- Correct and accurate instruction on how to provide clinical skills to students at different levels of prevention, care, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Holding short-term professional courses for the training of specialized nurses and improving the quality of clinical, specialist and counseling services.
- Creating theoretical and practical abilities in nursing, midwifery and operating room nursing students in internal and surgical diseases
- Continuous review of students 'goals, curriculum, and content according to the needs of the community, learners and experts' viewpoints in accordance with community conditions and opportunities and provide feedback to educational planners of the country.
- Continuous assessment of the progress of learners in achieving the educational goals of the group through the new evaluation methods.
- Communicating and developing interdisciplinary interactions and transferring advanced and specialized skills and improving learners' learning
areas of chronic patients)
Fields and Academic Degrees of Group:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Nursing Special Care
- Master of Internal Surgical Nursing
Average Scores:0 Total Scores:0
Ministry of Health & Medical Education
Follow SKUMS on social:
Copyright © 2014 S.K.U.M.S - All rights reserved